Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life is Great









Life a funny way of turning a situation of bad luck to something fabulous.


I was supposed to fly to South Carolina to see Andrew graduate from Marine boot camp and finally meet his girlfriend Amber. But weather played my trip a different hand. I ended up in St Louis with no way to get to S Carolina. Bonus was I called my brother Dave, how lives in Illinois, and he came and picked me up from the airport. I stayed with him and my sister in law Linda.












I got the airline to fly me out the next day to Detroit, since I was supposed to fly out of Detroit on Sunday the 5th anyway from a lay over.

As you see I was able to visit a lot in the very short time that I was there.

I do miss all of the fresh water, especially Lake Huron, and all of the trees. But you can't beat the mountains in Utah.














Update on my knee. I was referred to Dr Samuelson in SLC. He started cortisone injections on March 31st and did the last series on April 9th. With a total of 10. April 7th was the first time in years that I was totally pain free in that knee. This week was the first time since the 7th that the pain has returned. What a miracle he has been. He is so personable and caring. I feel very lucky to have him as a doctor. I won't see him until the 28th of the month.


4 comments:

Pam said...

Lucy just said tonight after dinner "Me love Damma Shreeve a lot, me miss her" I am so glad you were able to come and visit.

MotherToMany said...

It was fun to be able to visit with you for a little while. The children really enjoyed it too. Kaden keeps talking about you and your visit as well.

I hope your treatments continue to give you pain relief.

We love you and miss you a lot!
We have pictures of you with the kids on our blog.

Liz said...

HI! I just saw your blog for the first time now...I will keep it as a favorite. :-) You are one strong woman! So glad you have all of your family's support. Hang in there!
Love, Liz

CK Nethercott aka Mom said...

Wow, you made that trip work in your favor! Funny how when things don't go as planned they sometimes make special memories!